Senior DevOps Engineer - Canada Drives
Canada Drives is completely changing the car buying experience...for the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online!
This is an opportunity to join the team that is at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. Be an important part of building the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchasing experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door! Experience some of this exciting technology in action at CanadaDrives.ca!
We are a growing, high-energy company with an ambitious technical roadmap to build exciting and innovative new products--read about us on TechCrunch!
This unique and unmissable opportunity can fast-track your career growth! We are firm believers in developing our own talent and promoting from within.
Come and realize your true potential at Canada Drives!
NOTE: This is a remote, full-time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada. We will provide you with everything you need to succeed in your role.
What We Are Looking For:
- Has the relentless drive to get things done
- Is able to take ownership of projects and takes full responsibility
- Is self-sufficient and focused
- Is passionate about DevOps
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for automation/configuration management of all development, staging, and production environments as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Design, build and optimize automation systems that operate web and cloud-based platforms
- Develops self-service solutions to support the delivery of software with great speed, security, reliability, and quality
- Keep up with industry best practices and trends on DevOps, and drive implementation of best practices
- Research, onboard, and contract negotiations of appropriate technology tools and services
- Collaborate with developers on software requirements
- Overseeing routine maintenance procedures and performing diagnostics tests
- Managing the installation and configuration of various solutions
- Mentoring Junior DevOps Engineers
- Provide after-hours support in case of emergencies
What You Should Already Have:
- 8+ year’s experience in any of the following, DevOps, SRE, Continuous Integration Role, Full Stack Developer
- Hands-on experience with Cloud automation, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and use of Open-Source Software (OSS).
- Over 8+ years of strong experience using Linux/Unix Distributions like Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Debian
- Significant experience with public cloud technologies like AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience working with internal and external development teams
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Expert using text editors, especially VIM, VS Code
- Advance knowledge of monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk
- Solid understanding of relevant networking concepts like DNS, Reverse Proxies, CDNs, Domains etc..
- Advanced knowledge of web server software such as Apache/NGINX
- Experience configuring containers for development and production environments (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Solid experience building serverless applications using AWS Lambda/Google Cloud Functions
- Experience in managing and automating large-scale infrastructure
- An understanding of Distributed Systems and Scalable Architectures
- Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data and perform debugging
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Terraform, Packer, Vault, or Ansible
- Ability to read, write and debug code
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Jenkins/Travis
- Strong programming and analytical experience with a variety of automation tools
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be quick on your feet and troubleshoot issues
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
What’s in it for you?
This is a truly exciting time to join Canada Drives and we are looking forward to doing great things together! We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package in addition to providing our employees with continuous training and development.
We currently have a team of highly motivated and talented IT professionals and the only thing we are missing is you. If you are ready to join an ambitious and growing company then please apply today and we look forward to hearing from you.