Canada Drives is completely changing the car buying experience...for the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online!
This is an opportunity to join the team that is at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. Be an important part of building the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchasing experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door! Experience some of this exciting technology in action at CanadaDrives.ca!
We are a growing, high-energy company with an ambitious technical roadmap to build exciting and innovative new products--read about us on TechCrunch!
This unique and unmissable opportunity can fast-track your career growth! We are firm believers in developing our own talent and promoting from within.
Come and realize your true potential at Canada Drives!
NOTE: This is a remote, full-time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada. We will provide you with everything you need to succeed in your role.
What you will be doing:
- Lead high performing frontend engineering teams
- Recruit and retain talent
- Ensuring our teams are adhering to our definition of engineering best practice
- 1:1s Coaching, mentoring and growing engineering team members, frequent 1:1s
- Being hands on with codebase if/when needed. Be able to talk to our engineers in detailed technical terms
- Working closely with fellow Engineering Managers, Product, QA, Design, PMs, and Devops teams to define our roadmap
- Creating, enhancing, and owning our development processes (CI/CD, Jira processes, code reviews, unit tests, integration tests, etc)
- Conveying company vision/goals to our frontend engineering teams
What you should already have:
- 3 or more years experience as a Frontend focused Engineering Manager
- 8+ years of progressive experience with software development in a Product/SaaS based environment
- Strong experience leading complex frontend features/projects from start to finish
- Solid people management skills, strong communication
- A deep understanding of git, and how it ties into release management. Understands the benefits of gitflow vs trunk
- A deep understanding of building/maintaining solid CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in an agile environment with a set release cadence
Nice to have:
- Bonus - experience in the e-commerce space (including shopping cart APIs, payment gateways, etc.)
- Bonus - Working knowledge of the Salesforce platform