This is your opportunity to join the team at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. Be an important part of building the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchasing experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door! Experience some of this exciting technology in action at CanadaDrives.ca!
We are a growing, high-energy company with an ambitious technical roadmap to build exciting and innovative new products--read about us on TechCrunch!
This opportunity can fast-track your career growth. We are firm believers in developing our own talent and promoting from within while offering the latest tech platform to enable great work.
NOTE: This is a remote, full-time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada. We will provide you with everything you need to succeed in your role.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading a high performing engineering team
- Working closely with engineers and tech leads to design and build technical solutions
- Building and enhancing our development processes (CI/CD pipeline, deployments, release strategy, integration tests, etc)
- Develop solutions to support delivery of software with great speed, security, reliability, and quality
- Guiding, coaching, and mentoring team members
What you should already have:
- 3+ years experience leading engineering teams, focused on DevOps or SRE
- Strong understanding of AWS services and how to apply them when building and maintaining web applications
- 7+ years of progressive experience with software development, DevOps, and related roles
- Strong experience leading teams through the development cycle of projects from start to finish
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong leadership skills that will generate buy-in and alignment with internal goals
- A deep understanding of git, and how it ties into release management (ie: gitflow, trunk-based dev)
- A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and building and maintaining CI and CD pipelines
- Strong ability with tools and techniques to ensure secure software development and securing web applications
- Expert level of experience in Linux system administration
- Experienced with the operational aspects of running and maintaining a stable, scalable, and secure web application in a containerized or serverless environment
- Experience with incident management and leading an incident response
- Solid understanding of relevant networking concepts like DNS, Reverse Proxies, CDNs, Domains, etc.
- Associate level AWS Certification or higher
- Proven Experience with: Cloud computing, MVC frameworks, and Containerization in production (Docker or Kubernetes)
Nice to haves
- Experience with our tech stack: AWS, PHP/Laravel, Vue/Nuxt, Docker, Snowflake, Cloudflare
- Experience with data analytics and machine learning services in AWS and Snowflake
- Experience in the e-commerce space (including shopping cart APIs, payment gateways, etc.) would be a plus
- Working knowledge of the Salesforce platform